Friday 14 October 2022

New models for the wee one!

So in an effort to safeguard my nicely painted models, I decided to ask around at the local club if anyone had any old models or bits that the didn't want and would like to donate to my son. I've furnished him with a few bits and pieces, some models I don't need anymore or have acquired as part of other deals, but that was only a hand full. Thanks to the generosity of a couple of club members we now have quite a little collection for him. 

Some of the good guys.

The old metal chaos dread is mine, as were the blue space marines and the random chaos marine in the middle, the rest were donated and there's some nice models in there, including an old metal lascannon and multimelta. 

The big guns

He was also lucky enough to get a couple of vehicles, two Russ, both in pretty good condition, a turret less Predator and a Land Speeder, minus guns. The Russ's may find their way in to my collection at some point but not anytime soon, as may the Land Speeder, again, not anytime soon. 

Da bad 'uns

Along side the Imperial models, he also got a large number of orks, of various vintage. There's a few old single piece monopose models, possibly from Space Crusade or at least that era, right the way up to one of the modern models. 

Da Grots

There was also some Grots in amongst the orks, just a handful but still, some.very cool little models in there.


 One thing I have to note is the bases on some of the models, they have the weirdest little bases I've seen, just about big enough for the models feet. I don't know what the bases are from but they just about work, as long as the floor your putting them on is flat. I guess on a battle mat they would work fine, but on the floor when my little.one plays a lot, they tend to fall over.

The one I kept

This model was among the collection but I decided to pocket this one for myself! Slightly cheeky I know but I did tell the lad who donated some of the models that I was going to put this one aside for me. I've got a newer version in the AdMech start collecting box but having two would be a good bonus and I 0lan on fielding this guy with my tanks next time I play 


2 comments:

  1. The smaller bases were from the game Gorkamorka. I think they are designed so more models could fit in the trukks or wartrakks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes sense, whatever they are from, I'm not surprised they didn't catch on!

      Delete