Friday 7 October 2022

GSC Wyrmblade proxy kill team

The last of my kill teams that I'll paint up for a while, here is my Genestealer Cult Wyrmblade proxy Kill Team. 

I do still have a couple of kill teams paint up, the Tyranids and Vet Guard, I won't be painting either anytime soon. My son said he'll paint up the second half of the vets as he did the first 10 and I'm waiting for a bespoke team for the nids before I start painting. So, what have I actually built for the GSC?


As you can see, these are all Chaos Cultists, with only minor modifications to make them more GSC compatible. Most of them are just standard cultists and I'll run them as a proxy team, saying that they are a cult of existing cultists who have been duped by a patriarch into thinking they are worshipping Tzeentch and the changer of ways, when the actual "change" is the Genestealer DNA doing its thing. Now, being a Wyrmblade team, I haven't had to deal with anything other than neophytes or similar sized models, not aberrants, acolytes or hybrids, which was nice. It also means that the team is actually semi-competitive, as opposed to purely narrative. 

Leader and icon bearer

The leader is fairly basic, a standard cultist champion, but for the game he will have to be equipped with a cult knife for 1ep to make up for the rather large blade that he's carrying around with him. If it was a small knife or something, I could have just ignored it but the sword is a bit big to just ignore I think, so the cult knife equipment sorts that out and gives a small buff to combat as well. The icon bearer to his left is technically incomplete, as he doesn't have an icon at the moment, mostly because I don't have a suitable one in my bits box. I've a large chaos icon but I think not would be to much, I need a sort of GSC \ chaos crossed thing that will need to be kit bashed together from bits I don't own!

The gunners

We're actually a gunner down on the roster, as you can take two of each types but I didn't have a model I could use for either the mining laser or seismic cannon. As it stands, there is a Webber, flamer and stubbed. The Webber and flamer are the same model, just with the barrel of one of the flamers chopped down to make the two look different. Apart from this basic change, the models are again, as made.

The neophytes

The main group are just standard cultists, no modifications or changes, just painted as is with their autoguns. Basic, simple and easy. 

Now, for some reason, I don't have any pictures of the two models that I actually did do some conversion work on! The last two models in the team are a sanctus sniper and a sanctus talon. For the sniper, I took a model and added a barrel extension, extra sights to look like optical and electronic arrays, plus some extra bits. For the Talon, I switched out the pistol for an extra sword, a short sword, and replaced the original knife with a longer blade, giving him a short stabbing \ blocking blade and a longer dueling blade. These guys are a real meat of the team, taking up 4 roster slots between the two of them. They are just basic kit bashing, nothing fancy but they do the job.

While this now give me several xenos and chaos kill teams to choose from, I don't know how much play these guys will get, as I'm just not getting the time to play at the moment. Maybe that will change in the future, but I honestly would hold my breath on that fact, so I'll just enjoy modelling and painting for the moment.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment