Thursday 2 March 2023

A little bit of old hammer!

 Recently I decided to paint up some.old metal models that have been hanging around in my bits box for a while, I've had them a while but I've never really had a need for them and still don't but I thought I'd paint them anyway.

Back shot first, not sure why?

I do have to admit that I love the older sculpts, while there is no doubting the high quality detailing on the new models but there is just something about the expressions and personality of the old models that just isn't there in the new ones. 

The more interesting bit.

These 5 are Imperial army soldiers, 4 men and 1 woman. They are all armed with lasguns and one looks about ready to slit his own throat. It's funny when you look at these 5 models, you can really see where the Cadian aesthetics came from, with the helmets, chest armour and boots all having a very similar feel to them. 
I went for bold colours as well,to really show off the models, they will be given a coat of quickshade to finished them off and protect them 

Another rear shot up first

Next up is an old commissar model, slightly broken but still very usable. The commissar should be holding a sword aloft but currently he's holding just the handle, the blade having gone missing quite a while ago. 

Commissars or officer?

I do like this model a lot, it has that same retro feel that the other models here have. I've got for a non typical commissar look, as I could also run this as a castallan or similar but mostly likely it will be a commissar.

The gang

As I said, I really don't know where these guys are going to live, but I really enjoyed painting them. Hopefully they will find a home somewhere at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment