Alongside building the Hypogryphs, I have also been stripping some eBay miniatures. Most of these were part of a lot of 22 assault marines and a Lieutenant, that I picked up, for far more than I should have, although they were still about half the price of new models.
There were also a couple of other models in the bath, a biker, a chaos cultist, a couple of old skool marines and a scout.
The assault marines were split in two two groups, 15 were mono-pose marines, which were either not glued or very poorly glued, as a number of bits fell off while cleaning them up.
The other seven were MPP kit marines, who also had a zenithal primer job.
The lieutenant had a blue primer applied, again he is a mono-pose model, from the 9th starter box I believe.
The other models that were stripped were done for a number of different projects. The old skool marines were stripped for my eldest who wanted to paint them up, retro style. The bike has been sitting in the stripper for a while, I have no idea exactly how long as I don't actually remember when I put it in, but it was most likely last year sometime! The scout was stripped to add to the existing scouts, even if they are no longer table legal. Lastly the chaos cultist is a possible conversion for a potential Cadian Recon Squad, but a) I'll wait and see if the squad makes the codex and b) I barely have time to build or paint the models I have, let alone make more!
Zenithal highlights on MPP marines.
White marine
Black marine







No comments:
Post a Comment