Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Hypogryphs

There has been a short pause in posts up here, mostly due to the school summer holidays and our family trip south to see family and friends. However, there has a been a few bits of modeling going on, although mostly of this was at the beginning of the holiday. With the little one now toddling around, there has been less and less time to sit and build, paint or even blog. I'm hoping with the big kids being back at school and toddler groups being back on, I might get a bit of time to blog but I doubt I'll get much time to build and paint, as bedtimes are still challenging!


Anyway, her is the last unit from the Astra Militarium Armageddon box, the Hypogryphs. 



Both units were built pretty much as is out the box, and I really like them. They are very nice looking models with some very nice real world features. 


The rear stowage is the only part that differed from the instructions, with some of the pieces moved around and some bits from the bits box added. 


At the moment, all the options are there, as I haven't glued any in place. I hope that once they are primed, the weapons will hold enough not to need magnetising. 

Battle Cannon

Gatling cannon

Lascannon

Melta cannon

 I don't know how I will field these yet, but I'm leaning towards either battle cannon or Gatling cannons, running them as a pair. This gives them either some anti-marine or anti-infantry. The lascannon is a possible option for anti-vehicle, but I'm always weary of one shot BS4+ weapons. Hopefully I can get some paint on these sooner rather than later, as I'd like to take them to Northern Invasion this year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment