Tuesday 5 September 2023

Surprise addition to the pile of shame

 So the other week on the local facebook sales page someone put up a collection of old Warhammer models and bits. I wasn’t really going to go for it as the seller wasn’t wanting to split the collection and I thought that it would be more that I would be willing to pay, however, the sell wanted rid and made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. So I am now the owner of a sizeable collection of old 40k models. There was a right old collection, with some eldar, nurgle marines and deamons, Orks, guard and some AoS skeletons, along side a number of marines. 


This is the completed marines, or part completed marines, that I have decided to add to my own collection of models. Mostly these are another tactical squad and part of a command squad, some old metal sternguard, some assault marines with jump packs and some scouts. In addition there is two Dreadnoughts, a Land Speeder and the Land Raider. The land raider will be finding its way in to the Eagle Knights Primaris list, even though its a first born item, mostly due to its transport capacity and assault ramp, bot of which are prefect for my blade guard and some accompanying characters.


There were also some spruces of Catachan Jungle Fighters, 17 complete bodies. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with these bodies as I really don’t need any more guard models at the moment. I will most likely keep hold of these and see whether or not the Catachans get a new release with the codex and if they do, what changes this will make to my forces and then use these bodies to fill any gaps that might appear.


A hole heap of sprues full of marine bits and pieces. There are a number of nearly full or half full sprues in here, including the remainder of the Marine Scouts who will eventually be built to join the first born Dark Guardians. Also in here are some marine bodies that will be put aside to see if there are any holes that need filling with the new rules, as I still haven’t worked through all many lists to see what’s what. There are also a number of vehicle bits that might be useful for conversions or upgrades, with at least one Razorback turret in there. 


The last item on the list is this drop pod. I’ve always fancied a drop pod but never really needed one or had the funds to buy one, as there have always been other item that I actually needed / wanted more. Now I have one however and this will also be going with the Eagle Knights primaris army, although it I will have to wait and see what units it will be taking, possibly some Intercessors will be taking a ride down.

So, some more marine units that I didn’t really need but couldn’t pass on the opportunity. How soon i get around to painting and sorting these guys I don’t know but I will.




No comments:

Post a Comment