Friday 2 September 2022

Warhammer+ Vindicar assassin

Just a quick post today. There has been quite a few goings on at home with the littlest starting nursery, family issues and gereral life all getting in the way of hobby time. I have managed to do a few bits and pieces but not as much as I would have liked over the last few weeks. One thing that I did manage to do was order my free Warhammer+ model, just before cancelling my subscription.

Fancy "free" model

So, I finally got my hands on the free model for subscribing to Warhammer+ for a full year. Was it worth it? No, probably not. While I did enjoy a number of the programs, as the animations were actually pretty good and the battle reports were fun and entertaining, for the price I just don't think it was worth it. I also subscribe to the Deployment Zone TV (DZTV) for roughly the same yearly cost and the amount of content that is released each month just shames the GW team and DZTV is mostly run by volunteers, not full time employees. I think that if I resubscribe in a year or two (or more) it might be better and more worth the cost. Anyway, let's have a look at the free model!

Fancy sprue

 First impressions are that this is a really good looking model, very nicely detailed and very fun, however, it's not the most practical model to use on the table top! I'm am really torn about what to do with this guy, do I build him as is or do I hack the kit to pieces and make a more usable model? I had initially thought that I would hack the kit to pieces, to make a nice Vindicar for using in regular games, however, now I have the model in hand I am far less inclined to do this. 

One thing that I have decided to do is paint up the statue of the sister in the same colour scheme as my own sisters, to tie it in a little more some of my other models. I'm busy painting my catachan characters right now and then inplan on painting up the Deathwatch so it might be a while until I get around to actually painting up this model. Although with the current rumours putting the guard codex at Feb 2023!! My paint table is actually getting clearer!

No comments:

Post a Comment