Friday 19 August 2022

Kill Team: into the dark

 So we have finally seen what Kill Team: Into the dark is all about and to be honest, I really like it. Granted I’m highly unlikely to buy the box set but I may pick up the board and terrain on eBay, depending upon how much it’s going for. The teams themselves are not really of interest to me, I have several guard units and I don’t really need or want a new kill team or 40k unit in the form of the Navy Breachers. It’s  ot that I don’t like the models, there very nice but I just don’t have a use or need for them, if the rumours of the new vet guard box are true I may well pick that up and arm them with shotguns and bits from the bits box to create a count as team but for now I’m not interested in the team. The Kroot is also not of interest to me but might be of interest to my son as it will complement his Tau pathfinders kill team and fit into his Tau 40k army. 

In addition the box come with all the tokens and core rules that I already have and so that would all be wasted money, the rule book for Into the dark I’ll no doubt turn up cheaply on eBay, well certainly cheaper than buying the whole box. 


What I’m really interested in however is the terrain, which looks awesome and I think could be quite quick and easy to paint up and get on the table. I also like the idea that we’re going to see expansions to this terrain over the next few box sets. This could easily result in a full 6x4 board full of terrain like this for some really fun and thematic boards. I do like the idea of having a zone mortalis type of board. 


Overall I do really like the idea of this set but I just can't justify buying the full set but I think that I will end up going my own way for both the teams and terrain. 

I really do like the way Kill Team is going at the moment and I like the way the future looks, I just wish that they would get around to doing more of the bespoke teams for compendium forces rather than bringing out kill team specific models. I'm hoping we get Deathwatch and marine scout teams soon and hope that the guard Scion \ Kasrkin team is released soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment