Friday 12 August 2022

WiP

 So there hasn't been much in the way of hobby posts recently but there has been quite a bit of work going on in the back ground. There have been several projects and I'll run through a couple of the more prominent ones.

Ork Boyz kill team: these guys have now been built and primed black and some have received a dry brush of grey to bring out the details. I plan on getting these finished of soon-ish, once I've finished a few other bits and pieces. The colour scheme will be fairly simple, with mostly black clothes and gunmetal gear with the classic green flesh, with only a few details in colour. Nice and simple but hopefully still effective on the tabletop.

Vet guard kill team: since I got a second box of these guys for my birthday, I've built all the options and they have been primed ready for paint. The issue is that the original half was painted by my son but he's busy painting up his Tau models, so I don't think he will get around to painting up the rest any time soon. This leaves me with the problem of either waiting until he can get around to painting them or paint them myself and have them look different. I've a few other projects that I want to get done first anyway so I've a bit of time to sort the problem.

Flight stands: a little bit more visually interesting from he on! I've finally got around to building my flight stands for my jump units. At present I've only built 3 but I've got the parts now to built the other 3.  


As you can see there middle model is a little bit wobbly on its stand but in the whole they work quite well. 



I've drilled holes in the back of the models, on these ones, the hole is between their legs, which I think was a mistake and I should have gone higher at the base of the packs, something I did with the next 3 models. 


These were a lot more stable that the first 3 models and they look good as well.



Holes drilled at the base of the packs. I did try one between the legs but it didn't sit well at all, so I re-drilled at the base of the packs. Since taking these pictures I've painted and flocked them and they look very nice indeed. I'll try and get the next 3 built over the next couple of weeks.

Army painter Quickshade: I've finally got around to dipping my marines, after my youngest managed to start rubbing off the transfers! I had a few problems dipping these due to their size and shape but on the whole it was ok. Marneus Calgar (centre right) was one of the worst models, as there are quite a few nooks and crannies for the Quickshade to hide in and them run down when you put the models down to dry. I caught some of them but Calgar was one of the first to be done and I didn't catch it until in was to late and the Quickshade was drying. 



This was the first half of the marines, so there was another 2\3 of a box of models that were done after this lot had dried. It was good to get is done, as this means that all my main models are now dipped and protected from playing and my littlest grubby little hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment