Tuesday 19 July 2022

Points changes

 So, with the new point updates, I though I would see what difference it would make to my various forces. These list are from battlescribe so may not be 100 percent accurate, as we all know battlescribe can have some glitches from time to time. 

The first list is the original list, which, despite having various vXXX numbers, are all the the latest points prior to the last update. The list titles Game can be ignored, as this was a list I put together specifically for a small game with my boy and the Kill Team list, is rather unsurprisingly, a list for kill team and is unaffected by the points changes to 40k proper.



These List are all of my current 40k armies, excluding the two first born marine armies that are sat in my loft. Most of them are painted, with just the Deathwatch being primed and half the AdMech still being built.


In addition to this list, the there is the Tau list, which has fallen off the bottom but now comes to a total of 805 points. My phone is supposed to do this thing where you take a screen shot and it will take a picture not only of the screen but also whatever is off the bottom of the screen on the same page but it seem to be a little temperamental as to when it works of not. 

Anyway, the points. There have been points drops across a lot of the armies but there are also several that have not changed at all. The armies that have not seen any changes are the AdMech, Deathwatch and the Eagle Knights (Blood Angels). The reason for this is mostly down to the fact that many of the units that received points drops are not units that these armies contain, as they are not exactly optimised. However, this is not the most interesting points change, is for Marine 2, which has apparently gone up 35 points, although I'm not sure why?

The other random one is the Marine 1 list, which some how seems to have dropped 260 points. Where and how, I have no idea, but I'm guessing it's not because of the latest points drops. 

The main list to look at however are the various guard lists. We'll start at the top and work from there. The Dagr Ormr are my Militarum Tempestus Scions list and there are two list, the current list and the plan for when the new codex comes out (if it ever does!). The current list has dropped a massive 135 points, that's quite a significant chunk of points. This is mostly due to free squad upgrades, which every squad was carrying. The planned list however has also only dropped 135 points, as most of the plans extra points is taken up with conscripts, with just a few other additions. Still a drop of 135 points is a significant boost to the overall force, and reduces the cuts needed to the the planned list under the 2000 point games limit. 

Next is the Hjaltland LI list, which has also dropped 135, which surprised me quite a bit. Again, most of these savings have come from the infantry squads, which all have special weapons and vox casters in, as well as heavy weapons in some squads. Again these changes are good, as the points have come off the core of the list, meaning that the number of extras that can be included has gone up. This will hopefully mean that the overall power of the list is increased. 

Lastly we have the Hrossey Yeomanry, which has dropped only 24 points, which is minimal at best. This is mostly as it contains units that did not receive many points changes. However, while it didn't receive many points changes it was the biggest beneficiary of the other rules changes, with Armour of Contempt being a huge bonus to this vehicle heavy list and to be fair, I would take AoC over points drops at this point in time. 

Lastly I should mention the Necrons and the Tau. These are technically my son's armies but there on the list so I'll mention them. The Necrons have dropped 15 points to 745, not a huge drop and seeing as I don't intend to add to this army, it doesn't really make much difference to me. The Tau have actually gained a few points, going from 803 to 805. We've since added another unit, so the force is up around a 1000 points, and so the additional 2 point that it gained have not had an impact on the force. 

So that's a very quick rundown on how the latest points changes have affected my armies, not very in-depth but I'm not going to spend the time going through each unit and noting points changes and I'm pretty sure you don't want me to either!


No comments:

Post a Comment