Tuesday 7 June 2022

New guard leak photo.

 


So this picture has apparently been doing the rounds for a couple of weeks now but hasn't been available to the general public until more recently. This is an amazing photo and shows lots of nice shiny new models. Some of these models are of interest to me and some are not. I do look forward to seeing the new models and it will be good to get some updated models. However, there are not many models that I actually need for my collection, and these that I'm interested in are not shown on this photo. 

But let's look at what is in the photo. The first thing that strikes me is the Sentinels and I say Sentinels as there is actually two in the picture, one rear left and one right at the back on the right. The left one is an armoured sentinel and the one on the right looks like a scout sentinel. They look a bit beefier than the old ones but are not to far removed that they look like completely different models. I like them but I have 3 and don't need any more right now. 

Next up is the new "Creed" model. This is, to me anyway, an obvious replacement for the old Creed and may well be based on Creeds daughters or other descendents. This is one of the few models I hight actually look at getting, although I might chop the big Cadia symbol off the back.

The Kasrkins models do look really good and I'm hoping that these come out as a Kill Team or they release rules for Scions so that I can use them in Kill Team, as I don't need any Kasrkins for my armies and they won't fit with the models I already use for my scions. 

There looks like a few new Cadian squads as well, an infantry squad, heavy weapons squad and command squad. It's had to see to many details of these models but according to the rumours the infantry squad is going to be a new veteran infantry squad. Again, I don't have a lot of need for these guys, I have numerous heavy weapons squads, more than I can use (due to rule of 3), I also have lots of infantry squads, more than enough for the armies I field and I have plenty of commanders and command squads. I might change my mind on buying some new boxes if they also bring out a new Catachan version of each, then I may well invest in the new command squad box at least and possibly a box of veteran guard, if that is what the new box will be.

Lastly, almost hidden in the middle is a new commissar model. The rumours seem to point towards this model being a lord commissar rather than another regular commissar. It looks to me like he's carrying a power sword and a power fist but I can't say for sure. I may get this model, depending on how it looks close up, the last couple of models haven't been to my taste. 

All in all the picture looks good and there are a number of nice shiny new kits to come, although we're still missing the new tank and the new rough riders, which are the unit that I'm most interested in. 

An edited picture (contrast, brightness, autofix button)

Edit: ok, so literally hours before this post goes live, GW release a whole load of images and info on some of these models! Don't worry though, I'll get to them very shortly.



No comments:

Post a Comment