Tuesday 25 May 2021

Pariah nexus

So, a few weeks ago, I took the plunge and brought something on pre-order, something that I've never done before! I know there has been a few negative comments and reviews about Pariah nexus and although I have not actually played a game using the rules or the board, I have to disagree with a lot of what has been said. Yes, there are some issues with the box set, such as the disparity between the two factions and the low model count overall. That said, the rules look good, the board looks just as good as the previous ones and there's no doubt that the new models are amazing. 

I think the main issues with the box were the fact that Warhammer Community cocked up the pre-release pages, which initially stated that this was a starter box rather than an expansion. This gave a lot of people the wrong idea about what to expect and so when there was no core rules or dice and rulers and the two sides didn't match up, people went on a little moan and complained about how rubbish the set was and how over priced it was. As an expansion it sits pretty well, as it doesn't need core rules or dice and rulers and the sides don't need to match up perfectly. I do think it's pushing the price range a bit, maybe 80 would have been a better price but 95 is not unreasonable. Many people have compared this to the Indomitus set, however there is no doubt that this box was a major bargain and I suspect was sold as cost or even at a loss to build hype and drive 9th edition forward. 

Anyway, the models. The heavy intercessors are up first and are pretty simple, almost mono-pose in their construction, pretty typical for the new marine models. They are still dynamic poses though and really give the impression of bulk and power. They were a joy to build and had a number of accessories with them. 

The full squad

Two base marine

Sergeant on the right.

Heavy bolter

Next up are the Necrons. These are the new Flayed Ones and they are beautiful models but an complete pain to build. They are each formed of about a dozen bits and all of the claws are in at least two bits. I'm glad that I've got thin fingers, as there are a few bits that require some careful manoeuvring to get them in the right position. I have yet to paint them but I think that they will be a pain to paint up as well, as the claws don't half get in the way of a lot of the front model. I'm painting up my Hrossey Yeomanry troops at the moment and my get these done between the troops and the tanks but I will have to see what happens.

The full squad

Some of the skin details

I really like the hand on the left model ( hanging just in front of the leg) 




No comments:

Post a Comment