Friday 2 April 2021

Eagle Knights Elites

So, after some playing around with various bits and pieces of the AoS sprues that I bought the other week, I have come up with a few more characters than I though I would. 

The remnants, not much left at all

So, things went a bit better than I thought. I got my Blade Guard, Chaplain and Judicar, plus Blade Guard Ancient, Librarian and Apothecary! 

The full band of brothers.

So I managed to form a lot more than I thought I would, which is great. First up are the 5 Blade Guard, Sgt with plasma pistol.

5 Blade Guard

Minor conversion work

The was very little conversion work involved here, really just a swap from hammer to pistol on the Sgt, a very simple job and a shield swap on another model. This was a little bit more involved as it required a little bit of trimming of the arm to get things to fit properly, but even so it was very quick and easy.

The Blade Guard Ancient was next and still needs some work. His model come with a hammer as standard and I need to change this I've to a  heavy bolt pistol, which I currently have none of. I might be able to get hold of one from someone down the club but that will have to wait a while I think.

Blade Guard Ancient

Next up are the Judicar and Chaplain. At the moment these two have no conversion work done and I don't know if the Judicar will. The Chaplain however will have some minor work but I need to wait for the packs that I've ordered to turn up first so I can see how it will all fit together. The Judicar model is one of the Easy Build Sequitors with the double handed weapon, which works well for an Executioners Relic Blade. The Chaplain has a double handed hammer which will work for a Crozius Arcanum. 

Judicar and Chaplain

Next up we have the Librarian. Now this guy is going to need a lot of work on him. Firstly he needs his hammers removed and replaced with pistol and sword. Secondly and most importantly, he needs to have his wings mounted somewhere, somehow!

Libby and wings

I love this pose, just need to make it work now!

Lastly we have the Apothecary. This was a very last minute built. I was just looking at the sprues and flicking through Battle scribe, thinking "what can I build" and the Apothecary popped up. This has by far the most amount of conversion work out of all the models here, with two arm replacements, a hand replaced and the tool thing built out of a chain sword. There will be more when I build the pack for him, but I have yet to really look into that. 

Apothecary, with head!

The medics arm, which the new model doesn't have, was made out of a chain sword and part of a servo skull. The is a nod towards the original model, and as these are Rubicon Marines you can understand why he wanted to bring is trusted tools with him. 

Next the pistol arm. The bionic arm comes from the assault marine squad but had a plasma pistol at the end of it. So I had to switch this to a bolt pistol. 


One little detail that I like is the base. I used some spare bits to make a fallen marine on the ground. When the base 8s flocked it will be quite subtle, even when painted in the orange of the Knights. I imagine this as the Apothecary standing over his fallen brother, either having recovered the gene seed or about to. 


Hopefully I will get a chance to paint these guys up soon, although I'm planning on getting my guard models all done first if I can. When I get the heads and packs I've ordered I will do a little update to show you the finished models.

No comments:

Post a Comment