Tuesday 7 July 2020

More rules previews




So this week we got a few more rules previews, along side the entire rule book! Well, we got the quick start rules anyway, which was nice. there are quite a few rules in there that have changed a little bit and a few new rules as well. I am not going to go over all the rules, mostly as i don't have the time and there are several people who have gone through everything and made some very good videos on YouTube for you to watch.  I will however go through the ones that were released in various post over the last week.

First up is the new Psychic actions. Now while this isn't the actual psychic powers but something done instead, there are a couple of lines that stuck out to me. One was that if a psyker fall out of combat they cannot try to manifest a psychic action and one presumes a psychic power as well. This might have already been a thing and I might have missed it. 


Psychic actions sound like fun as well and might mean that a primaris psyker or two might find a way in to my forces.

The last rules preview of note this week was the supreme command detachment. 


This is a huge change and one that I think will have a massive impact on a number of people, me for one. There are two reason I think that this will impact on people, the main one and the reason I think it's all been chamged, is that you will no longer be able to spam certain hq units, such as smash captains, Eldar psykers, custodies thingies, you get the picture. Now you will have to take what you can in your main detachment. The other way it will impact on people, people like me, is the super heavy element. I used to run this with the cheapest hq HQ units I could, or maybe a psyker as well and then my Hellhammer. This was a cheap way to get a superheavy into an army, now however you'll have to go the auxiliary detachment (I think....) And spend 3cp for the privilege. This mean that my mechanised list will only start with 9 cp at most, which is annoying. Another thing to note is that the only units that you can include now are primarch, daemon primarch or supreme Commander units, which as far I as can tell is 3 units, girlyman and the two daemon primarchs.

While I think that it is a good idea, it is slightly annoying as it means I'm going to have to have a bit of a rethink, not much of one but one none the less. 

I'm not sure we'll get many more previews with the rules out now. Hopefully this will give me a chance to catch up on all the other posts I've got planned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment