Tuesday 14 July 2020

Birthday haul

So, this post is about a month late but with all the stuff going on there hasn't been time to post it up. Last month was my birthday, nice and equally placed between Christmas! 


Now, there was a slight delay to the presents, due to tue current worldwide issues, getting hold of some of the bits was a little difficult. The sisters turned up a day or two before my birthday but the painting handles and hobby box took a couple of weeks longer and didn't arrive until over two weeks after my birthday, despite being ordered in plenty of time. 

So, while not a big haul, it's a very good one. The sisters have been built and with some modifications now form a kill team. Once I've had a chance to get some good pictures and maybe some paint on as well, I'll put something up on the blog. 

The new paint handles join my old handle giving me lots of options when painting. Having originally got just one to give it a go, I was suitably impressed to add a number to my wish list. The extra handles have made batch painting models a lot simpler, especially when painting kill teams of 10 models. 

Lastly is the hobby box. This is not something I was aiming for, nor was even on my radar. However, it has proved  very useful. I can store all my paints, tools and brushes plus the paint handles and models. This makes it really easy for painting, especially as I don't have a dedicated paint station right now. 

All in all, I'm really impressed with all my presents this year and look forward to making full use of all of them. As it stands, I don't actually have anything on my wish list but that will change when 9th drops and I think I'm going to need a couple of units to fill out some lists, namely my AdMech list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment