Friday 17 July 2020

New Marines


So, we've now seen the rules for the new units in the 9th edition launch box. I'm not bothering with the necron units, as I do t really care about them. Well have a quick look down through the list of units and while I'm not going to go in to details, I'm going to just put a few thoughts down on each model.

I'm not really sure what the point of this unit is? It's kind of a chaplain but it's not a chaplain. It's a beast in combat though and will no doubt carve though most things he meets in combat. 

Another solid unit, with a 2+, 4++ and 4+ FNP, he will be very difficult to remove. Apart from that he's a standard captain.

Basically your regular standard bearer, with the standard rules for when someone dies.

The big thing to note here is the changes to storm shields, going from 3++ to 4++ but adding one to the save characteristic. Apart from this, the units pretty standard.

The new bike units are quick, like very quick. 14 inch move, which can become 20 if you advance. On the new boards, especially the smaller boards, these guys will be zipping all over the place. Apart from that, these are pretty much as you would expect from a marine bike.

Now this is the unit that interests me most. A proper assault squad for primaris Marines. The upgrades to the chainswords is good and as I understand it, will be universal to all Marines, although I've yet to see in to the flesh. I will definitely be getting a squad of these, maybe two depending upon the points values, for my 500 point blood Angels list. I would like to see some extra weapons options, especially for BA units, such as hand flamers and inferno pistols. I'm also still waiting for things like lightning claws to make there way into the primaris arsenal.

With the release of 9th we will no doubt see some more units released but as I'm only looking at building a couple of small 500 point lists for my Marines, there are very few units that I'm waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment