Friday 12 June 2020

New Primaris units



So we have seen a few of the new Primaris units that are coming with 9th and to be honest, I'm actually quite excited by these units, well some of them any way. This will just be a quick run down on what we've seen so far.


New devastator units. Someone might have a better idea of the guns but they look somewhat like melta guns to me. I guess they will be some sort of heavy bolter variation. I could be wrong and have missed some leak somewhere detailing exactly what these guys are but at the moment I'm going with a devastator type unit.


Above and below are the new veteran units. Basically as far as I can see, these are the new vanguard veterans but again with limited options. They could be new honour guard as well but I get the feeling from what's been said, they are supposed to be replacing the vanguard.



The unit I'm most looking forward to seeing are these guys though, the Assault intercessors. I'm hoping that we get to see some extra options to these guys at some point, mostly some sort of jump pack. I would also like to see some extra options for Blood Angels, giving options for hand flamers and inferno pistols. 


Either way I do like the move towards assault units and at least one units will find it's way into my new Eagle Knights force and with the proposed price increases, I think there may only be room for one unit!



Primaris bikes are finally here and they actually look pretty good! They still have that very familiar marine bikes look and are instantly recognisable. I was worried we would get some stupid looking grav bikes but luckly we have good looking regular bikes. 


It appears that bikes will continue to fill the same sort of role as before and add another mobile fire power, because primaris Marines need some mobile fire support! These units will see there way in to my Dark Angels successors the Dark Guardians.



The new lieutenant also looks really good. The previous ones just looked like normal troopers but this one actually looks like it's a proper lieutenant with lots of extra gubbings. I could quite easily grab one of these for one of my armies, probably the Eagle Knights. 


 
This is probably one one unit that I'm not sure on. I don't know whether it's the head, which just looks weird or if it's the way it's painted. Also, what is this guy? Is he a type of Chaplain? I will have to see him painted up differently before I can really make a decision on him.

Overall I think the new units are great new additions to the primaris line and it's looking good for future releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment