Friday 4 March 2022

New terrain peice

I've had this piece for a while, I just haven't managed to get it painted until now. I painted it as a bit of a palette cleanser, although it wasn't much of a pallette cleanser as it used all the same colours as I was using on my other models! The only difference was that it's significantly bigger that the Primaris marines I'm currently painting. 

As you can see I've used the same colours as my Eagle Knights chapter, to help tie it in to some of the games I'll play. It also helps it stand out as a sort of centre piece terrain model on the board as it's very different from all the other terrain pieces, which are mostly quite dull in colour. 

I spent a bit of time on the interior, trying to make it look more used and less like just a lump of metal. I even added a little bit of "graffiti" on the inside, making it look like it's been used as a little bunker or staging point for imperial troops. 

Lastly I added the blood splatter details, which add to the use as a staging post, with the blood splatter being either from defending to point or dealing with the wounded. I had considered adding bother details, that might work as discarded kit and equipment but decided to just leave it as it was and not overly complicate things, as I like my terrain to add to the models and story not take centre stage in it. 



Now, I know that a lot of people will notice the print lines and markings on the model. This is because it's a 3d printed model I got off a fellow club mate who had printed them as test pieces for his new machine. I have a few barrels as well that I still have to paint but they are for another time. I may have to look at getting a few more pieces to go with this, maybe a fallen dread or similar, maybe something like these;



No comments:

Post a Comment