Tuesday 16 February 2021

Project: stormtrooper update

 Surprisingly, I've already finished all the stormtroopers! Ok, so there not 100 percent finished, they need sealing and flocking but I'm not really able to do that right now. They are however, all painted and tabletop ready. 

The force consists of two Tempestor Primes, two command squads and 6 squads of Scions, making a battalion detachment, the largest detachment that can be formed of purely Militarum Tempestus forces. I could add another commander and command squad but that's a discussion for another post. This post will look at the overview of the force and a few of the stand out models for me, the next post will go through the various squads and characters.

The force in all its glory, Tempestor Primes to the fore ground.


2ic, Tempestor Prime Muninn and command squad Myrkr (dark) and the bulk of Daggri (dawn) platoon. Technically this is set up the wrong way around, as Myrkr should be accompanying the company commander rather than the 2ic. 

The company commander, Tempestor prime Agnarr with Dagalien (dusk) platoon and Ljos (light) command squad. Ljos with its hotshot lasguns, should be with the 2ic, as the offensive unit and Myrkr are the rear command squad with the company colours, medic and master vox-caster.

That's the overall company, as I mentioned above, I'm hoping to add to the force in the future but not until I have the new codex in hand.

Next are a few of the standout characters in the squads.

Company standard bearer, classic and simple standard, all business and no flashy bots, just like the regiment.

Above and below, a Scion with melts gun and token of a past kill. 


By now you've probably clocked that these aren't GW models, in fact they are from the now defunct Dreamforge Games, although the range has been picked up by Wargames Atlantic which is great. One of the things that I like these kits is the fact that there are male and female models, with subtle differences between the two. I'll apologise for the crappy pictures but I'm somewhat limited to where I can go around the house, broken leg, crutches and all that, so I'm using my phone, a sheet of paper and a couple of pillows to prop the whole lot up. 

It's hard to see but there are different face plates, with the male one being wider and flatter


Another difference is the legs, which are more streamlined on the female models, giving a lot sleeker look to them.

Next up, the squads and characters themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment