Tuesday 22 October 2019

Admech update

So, I haven't actually posted about actual teams in a while and this one has been sitting in the draft box for so long that it's now actually out of date, so instead of being a small update about the AdMech kill team it will include a general update about all my teams. 

I'll start with the AdMech team as I've a few pictures of them at there WiP stage, although they are actually finished now. 

Skitarii Vanguard

Skitarii Rangers

The AdMech team are formed of just Skitarii models, nothing fancy, mostly as I don't own the models. However I don't really think this is an issue as I don't like the other units very much. You'll have noticed that the units are different colours, red for Rangers and blue for Vanguard (didn't really fancy violet cloaks) and while this might not work for a big force, it works here and makes it very easy to identify who's who on the battlefield.

So with these guys complete and also my Inquisition (militarum tempestus) force complete, more of that to come soon, I have decided to move on to the next team. Now I haven't settled yet but I have started to paint up a few chaos cultists, just the base colours, not that I'm going to spend much time on them anyway. I've not started the chaos Marines yet but I do have a plan for them.

I've also put my Marine scout kill team in the detol to soak, about a month ago at this point! Once there out I'll look to prime them and get them painted up. My other Marine team is starting to take shape with about 10 models collected together, 3 primaris easy builds alongside a bunch of mini Marines, forming sternguard, vanguard and company vets. I plan on putting the rest together at some point but not sure when I'll get around to it.

Lastly the Deathwatch and new models to build here to. I've plans for 5 vanguard vets and have all the necessary pieces, I now just need time to build and paint. These will likely be the next team to paint and I've already started, having done all their arms silver, just there arms though, so still a long way to go yet.

I almost forgot to talk about the Nids. Yes, I have a full roster and a bit of nids, both gaunts and wants, plus a warrior and lictor, all of which should be pretty easy to paint up but I think my eldest wants that job, so I don't think I'll be painting them at all.

Ease and convince says to paint the chaos or Marines next, as both will need lover levels of detail than the Deathwatch but I really would love to get the Deathwatch up and running but we will have to see.



No comments:

Post a Comment