Friday 29 December 2023

2023 review


As we move from 2023 to 2024 Its time to look back on the year and the hobby resolutions I made almost a year ago. My track record with these things has been average at best and I suspect that this year will continue along similar lines, however, I do find that it is good at keeping things moving in generally the right direction. So what resolutions did I manage to achieve and which did I fail miserably?


So here is the list I wrote for 2023;

1) update Dagr Ormr scions.
Done. All models updated and fully legal, twice! After updating to the new 9th edition guard book the force was tweaked to 10th a d I now actually have too many scions!

2) New guard models
I'll count this one as a yes. I picked up some of the new models, getting gifted some rough riders and field ordnance battery for my birthday and picking up some Wargames Atlantic Bulldogs to proxie as Kasrkins. The FOB and Bulldogs are completed and the rough riders are waiting for a coat of primer.

3) Eagle Knights first born
Yes and no. All the original models I had for the Knights first born have been painted but after acquiring some additional models mind year, I have not finished painting these up. I still have an assault squad and command squad (I think?) plus land raider and drop pod to finish.

4) Dark Guardians first born
This is a definite no. I have t even started to look at these guys yet. They are ready waiting but I have not even touched one model 

5) No new models
Sort of? I didn't actually purchase any new models, just a bunch of second hand ones. So I guess that it will fall in to the failed category? In my defense, it was a bargain I couldn't refuse and I gained some good models.

6) lore update
Unfortunately this is a no. This was one I was really hoping to get done this year but for various reasons I just haven't managed to get this sorted. The lore for all my armies and the general narrative for my forces does need a good reworking and general tidy up. I'll put this on the list for next year and see if I can actually achieve it.

7) play some games
Again, yes and no. I initially thought that this was going to be a straight no, as I didn't think I would have played 12 games this year. It turns out I have played 13 games! So yes, I have played at least 12 games, unfortunately only 9 of them were at the 2000 point mark, the other 4 being at or around 1000 points. Most of these games (8 of them) were thanks to the two tournaments I played in this year! Either way, I'm going to count this as a yes!

So, overall I have actually achieve 3 of these completely, 2 of them sort of and I failed at 2 of them. I don't think that this is two bad really, better than some years, maybe even my best year yet (haven't actually checked!) There's a couple that will be carried forward to next year, hopefully to completion this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment