Friday 4 February 2022

Dark Guardians

 The last of my smaller marine forces is now complete, kind of anyway but I'll get to that in a bit.

First up as always, the group photo. Sorry for the rubbish quality but for some reason my photography skill seem to be getting worse the more photos I take, probably because I'm trying to rush getting the pictures.


As you can see, there are 3 Inceptors, 3 Outriders and a squad of Infiltrators, all lead by a librarian.
The librarian is the current leader of the force and is there to "sniff" out chaos wherever it maybe hiding. 


A couple of very bad shots of the Libby. I hadn't realised quite how bad these photos where until I posted them up here. I've been using transfers again this time and I'm quite proud of the one of his shoulder as I had to cut and trim it to get it to fit under the cloak.  


Next up are the Infiltrators. These are the first contact squad, going forth and finding the enemy. As such they contain a medic, to help keep them fighting a little bit longer. This is just a basic 5 man squad as they are not really the ones expected to do much of the heavy lifting. 


The units symbols and the chapter symbol have also changed. The new symbol, a mashup of a sisters symbol (order of the ardent shroud) and the DA logo, specifically the wings. Each unit also has a unique symbol on there opposite shoulder, these have a skull.


Out riders are next and one bit I like about these is the Eggs bike in the middle and his scroll work on the bike. This is a transfer from the betrayal of Calth set but it looks good on the bike, whether this is an oath, litany, battle or personal honours or list of victims I haven't decided but you cant read it anyway so it can be whatever I want really. The other bikes show the markings for company, squad and battlefield role, with the chapter symbols on the shoulder pads. 


You can't see here but the chapter symbol is different on these, being more aligned with the ravenwing. Again the sword has been replaced with the skull from the ardent shroud.
Lastly we have the Inceptors. These form the final prong of the attack, with the Infiltrators being the centre thrust and the bikes flanking, these guys are a hammer that drops from behind. Painting these models proved a little bit of a challenge, the Infiltrators are "greenwing", the Outriders Ravenwing, which should have made these Deathwing. However, they just don't fit the fluff for Deathwing as they really are just greenwing or possibly even fall under Ravenwing being a fast moving unit. In the end I kept them as normal marines and will.look to add something more Deathwing in future.


I have yet to.finish the bases for these guy, as I need to get some brass rod or something. I also need to do the Suspressors for the Stone Dragons, so I'll probably do them all at the same time. 
As I said the chapter symbol is the standard symbol, with the unit symbol being a lightning bolt, to signify their lighting assault from above. 


A better shoot of the different chapter symbols, the two standard symbols on the outside and the Ravenwing in the centre. For future Deathwing units, the symbols will be similar to the standard symbol but with red Wings on a bone background.


The squad markings, designating each squad and role.


Remember when I said that the force was kinda finished? Well here's the reason;


While online the Libby as the leader, while I was painting them I felt that they needed something else, something more in keeping with the Guardians, their chapter mission and this forces own mission and so a chaplain was born. Now I would love to have him as an Interrogator chaplain but as yet they are only 1st born and not Primaris marine scale, so he will be a normal chaplain for the time being.
Also, I really like this pack, it's a mix of sigmarines stuff and a chaos pack, but it goes together really well, with the vent ports reaching out past the details on the top of the pack. 


I've kitted him out some what, he has his crozius and pistol but also a chainsword, which he can't actually take. I was thinking about adding more stuff but ran out of room on him. 


As you can see, he has also been suitably adorned with purity seals, reliquaries and other trinkets, as any self respecting chaplain would be.


The figure itself is a mash up of marine, AoS sequitor, necron (head of crozius) chaos marine backpack, AoS retributor pack, and a bits box raid. The only issue now is how to paint him? His armour will be black, as the chapter has black armour, as well as chaplains but his robes will be coloured. I was wondering about red, the same as the shoulders on the normal marines but I'm not sure about that, so maybe white and green, like the DA ones? Or maybe go completely off base and go for purple or something? Anyway, right now the Eagle Knights are on the paint table, so it will be a little while until I get around to painting him, plenty of time to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment