Tuesday 6 October 2020

Tournament time, maybe..........

The local club is trying to hold a tournament, has been for a little while but with things going the way they are it's been a bit of a challenge to get it actually organised. The tournament was first voiced a couple of months back, you know, one of those things to work towards when lock down finished and a bit of motivation to get some models painted. We're past the first list submission date and rapidly heading towards the next with little sign that were actually going to get to play. Even the Escalation league that's has been running this year now allows games played on Table Top Simulator or similar to be counted towards league games, obviously playing with your actually painted models as it were. 

Anyway, it's a 2000 point team type tournament, you know Chaos vs Xenos vs Imperium. So far there's only been half a dozen lists put in and we're 4 Imperium, 4 Xenos but only 2 Chaos. By my reckoning, we'll get one more of each faction, which leaves Chaos some what at a disadvantage. There might be some wiggle room to move some stuff from one faction to another but I don't know the actual armies involved, just what faction they are part of. The general idea is that the various faction have been drawn to a mysterious planet on the fringes of Imperial space, uncharted and unknown but something has called out in to the void and it has been answered. The factions will fight the other factions, with points for the individual matches being combined to see who takes control over all. Depending upon how things go, this may well be the start of a longer running campaign within the group, maybe taking other tournaments in to account in the future or even various matched through out the year, who know! 

Personally I really like these sort of narrative things, hence the blog! I have often dreamed about running a full on narrative tournament type thing, spanning the full spectrum of GW games, from Battle Fleet Gothic right down to Kill team, via Epic and 40k. A full on planetary invasion with two massive forces. Not a realistic prospect unless I win the lottery, which when you consider I don't actually play, is quite unlikely. 

As for this tournament, I have gone with my classic guard list but with a bit of a super heavy twist. The whole list is based around the idea of an Inquisitor sent to find out the secrets of the planet and having be given a company of guardsmen to act as bodyguards \ sacrificial lambs, which ever is needed. 

I'll go into the full list in another post and give my thoughts on why I've chosen what I have, there are reason for most choices but a few were there just for fun really. I'm not taking this tournament very seriously, as it will be my first games of 9th, which I have yet to actually read or even buy the rules for. I have a rough idea of the changes but things like actions are still an unknown quantity to me. 

The list is however almost ready to go, the only thing that needs painting is the Inquisitor! She's half painted but needs finishing off. She'll be done by the time she's needed for the table top, I'll make sure of that. The super heavy could do with a spruce up as well, as although it's painted, it was second hand and needs a little tidying up, plus the commander needs a new head, as he lost his old one somewhere. 

Hopefully when we do get to play, I'll post up some pictures of the games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment