Friday 26 July 2019

Disaster strikes!

Well, this wasn't quite the post I was planning, however, given recent events, it seems like the only post I can put up!

So we're all on holiday, our yearly trip South to see all the inlaws and relatives on the mainland and to have a bit of family time. This involves a lot of driving, about 1500 miles in the last 3 weeks and more to come and as our car seems to kill satnavs, namely TomToms, we have been using our phones. So on the journey from Southampton to South Wales we were using my phone to navigate and had to have an unplanned stop at an m4 service station, just 20mins from our destination. "Can I look at the map daddy, to see how far we have left" asks my daughter and being the kind father I am, I said "yes, here you are". This was followed about 10 minutes later, after the little one had finished feeding but the order to get back in to the car and we set off, having switched across to the wife's phone for navigation. Upon arrival at our destination, the question as to the the where about of my phone come up, to which my daughter says "I put it on the boot". I'm sure you can imagine my reply. Anyway, long story short, I abandoned the family, shot back up the motorway to the services and went looking for my phone. This is what I found, lying in the middle of the carpark;

A phone in 3 bits; screen protector and top of screen, the rest of the screen and finally the housing. 

Ok, so not great but it's not all bad as I recovered the phone and hence the Sim card and SD card. Only, now the SD card doesn't seem to work, it looks fine but neither my new phone or my wife's phone will pick it up, so yeah, not great.

This means that not only have I lots all my Battlescribe lists, for all 6 armies but I've also lots all my kill team stuff, my pictures and videos since we left for our holiday (I backed them up before we left), my medication records (not essential, as it's mostly for my own records), my games and my son's games and also access to my internet banking. So yeah not great. I've a few posts in the draft folder that I can use for the next couple of weeks to keep my going but it has put a bit of a damper of things, although I have got a shiny new phone, so that's one positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment