Thursday 11 July 2019

A game of 40k

So, about a month (!!!!) Ago I got a rare game of 40k, the first this year i think but with work, DIY and small children, I haven't had the chance to get things written out. The game itself was a blast, even if we only got to turn 3!

I was planning on putting this post out the week before I played the game, which was probably a little ambitious, as I'm only getting around to writing it several week after I played. Anyway, the point of this post was to talk through the list and my ideas as I wanted to take something completely different from any previous lists. This was mostly due to the fact that I wanted to take my new toy for a spin.

New toys

So what did I take, well this was the list I settled on

Spearhead Detachment

Regimental Doctrine: Valhallan

 HQ

Tank Commander
. Command Vanquisher: Turret-mounted Vanquisher Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolters, Lascannon

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolters, Lascannon

Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolters, Lascannon

Leman Russ Punisher: Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolters, Turret-mounted Punisher Gatling Cannon

Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment

Regiment: Valhallan

Hellhammer : Autocannon, Demolisher cannon, Heavy Stubber, Twin heavy bolter
. 2 Lascannon & Twin Heavy Bolter Sponsons: 2x Lascannon, 2x Twin heavy bolter

Battalion Detachment

Regiment: Valhallan

HQ

Company Commander: Chainsword, Laspistol

Primaris Psyker: Force Stave, Nightshroud, Psychic Barrier

 Troops

Infantry Squad
. 8x Guardsman
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Flamer
. Sergeant: Laspistol

Infantry Squad
. 8x Guardsman
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Flamer
. Sergeant: Laspistol

Infantry Squad
. 8x Guardsman
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Flamer
. Sergeant: Laspistol

Elites

Commissar: Bolt pistol, Power sword

Platoon Commander: Laspistol

Total: [89 PL, 9CP, 1,497pts]


So a reasonable force for 1500 points. I'm sure there are more powerful builds out there using the same basic elements. Vanquishes for example are not the most powerful LR variants around but I think that they have a place, plus i just fancied using one.

Now, I did kind of shoot myself in the foot a bit, as I looked at my tanks and decided to run them despite having agreed to playing a cities off death game (from the main rulebook) and knowing that there was probably going to be lots of terrain on the table, meaning that manoeuvring tanks was going to be difficult, let alone a baneblade chassis! Oh well, we would see and as it turned out, it wasn't as bad as it could have been!

Next up a breif rundown on the game itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment