Friday 20 July 2018

Quickshade

Well, I've finally got around to finishing off my Hjaltland LI. This includes giving the models a coat of Army Painter Quickshade strong tone and basing the models with Army Painter Field Grass. This will mean that, for me anyway, the models will be finished completely. I may give them a coat of Matt verbiage at some point, if I decide that I don't like the shiny finish to the quickshade.

The first batch that I did as test models, to see how the quickshade worked and looked, I brushed on the quickshade, however, I switched over to a different method for the rest, one that involved a drill and a small clamp. Sounds more extreme than it is and it works well on all but the metal models. Here are some pictures from the drill method test models.

The test batch guard models, a selection of models, all plastic at this point 

Some scions that I also tested.

Some closer shots of the guard models.

Personally, I don't think these look too bad. There were some issues that arose, like the quickshade pooling in some places and being almost absent from others.

The first two finished models for the hjaltland LI. These were two of the models that were brushed on. 

Another photo in different light. While brushing on gives greater control, it's definitely  the slower of the two methods. Hopefully by the time this post goes out, all the remaining painted models should have been through the process and be well on their way to being completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment