Friday 29 June 2018

Plans........

So following on from the previous post about my birthday gifts, I though I would go into more details about what I was planning on doing with my new toys. There are a couple of plans afoot at the moment. The first revolves around the forgebane box set and the other around a box of ogryn.

For the forgebane box, I will be splitting this with a mate of mine, who will be taking the necrons. I have mentioned this trade previously (here) and so I currently have 20 skitarii and two techpriest Dominus to go with my armigers. I will be forming these in to either two 10 man vanguard units or a 10 man and two 5 man vanguard units and taking 2 of the plasma calivers in one squad and 2 of the arc rifles in another squad.


These squads, whether I form 2 or 3, will be used to support the armigers as they move up the field. I also plan on trying to kit bash some skitarii rangers from the left over parts and some Cadian bodies that I have. At the moment these Cadian bodies are modelled up as standard guards men and so will need breaking down, including the 4 heavy flamer models! That part I'm not looking forward to! This will give me around 15 to 18 rangers, depending upon how they models break downs and if I can find any more floating around. I will model these guys up as at least 3 squads, one of which will be armed with the 2 remaining transuranic arcquebus and all the squads will be used to hold objectives. This will give me somewhere between 4 to 7 skitarii squads to support the Knights. At present, the knight contingent consists of just the knight armigers but I am hoping to pick up the Renegade box set for the two knights, which will finish out the force. It could be a while until I get them though, as there are other priorities right now. I am only looking to get this force to around 2000 points and won't take it any further.

The other project involves the box of ogryn\bulgryns that o got for my birthday. The plans for this one are not fully finalized yet. I will be building at least 2 as ogryn bodyguards, one armed with a shield and ripper gun and one with a maul and shield. As yet I have still to decide which shields I will use with each, but probably the slab shield with the aim of creating a visual wall to the commander\warlord with the shields. The final model will be built as a bullgryns but as a standard one with a maul and brute shield, as I intend at some point to get another box of them to form a 4 man unit as a counter charge unit.


I have never used ogryn or bullgryns but I am really excited to get these guys built and on the table to see how they perform. My original plan was to put one in each of my guard armies to accompany the warlord but now I am leaning towards putting two in the Hjaltland LI to protect the warlord there as he is far more exposed on the battle field, the Hrossey Yeomanry warlord will be in the protective environment of a chimera for a lot of the time and the Dagr Ormr warlord will be deep striking and the ogryn can't do that. Therefore the ogryn bodyguards would be of little use and a waste of points. So, at this point I will definitely build two and keep the third for another day.

I will add at this point that this is the current plan and anyone who's followed this blog for any amount of time will tell you the my plans change quite often! I will be doing a AdMech force, but whether I get knights or not is a different matter. Hopefully these plans will work out as intended but we will have to wait and see.



No comments:

Post a Comment