Friday 12 January 2024

Blog update

 I'm afraid this is a bit of a boring post today. The posts have been very sporadic and thin on the ground recently, with only a handful of posts in the last two months. Granted Christmas and New Year has played a large part in the lack of posts, there have also been a number of other reasons for the lack of posts. 

My enthusiasm for this blog has not diminished at all and I'm still planning of continuing to post on here about my hobby progress and my thoughts and ideas, and there are lots of posts in the draft folder, 13 at last count with some more ideas in my head or items on the pile of opportunity ready to make an appearance. The issue has been one of time and opportunity rather than enthusiasm. I have recently had to choose between getting painting done or getting posts written and I have really been enjoying painting at the moment. I have recently had quite the painting time, with my mother in-law visiting, I have been able to hide away of an evening and paint, so I have quite the backlog of items to post about. The problem has been getting other time during the day to take pictures of of the models. I've mentioned recently that I have started a new job while my son is at nursery and this has really eaten in to any time I could grab out my models and get some pictures. If I try it of an afternoon, it results in the models being repurposed for playing and usually end up being joined by numerous other models! 

Current example

I'm hoping to find some time soon and have a mammoth photo session to get all the pictures I need to post about all the models that have been painted over the last couple of months. Some of the painting I'm actually quite proud of, it may not be Golden Daemon standard (not by a long way) but I think it's some of the best work I've done to date. 

I've at least one post coming up soon, that doesn't require pictures, as it's mostly just some musings about future DKoK projects and AdMech\Adeptus Arbites proxies. Hopefully that will be up early next week, if I can find time to finish writing it!



No comments:

Post a Comment