Tuesday 20 June 2023

Birthday haul

 So, I recently had my 40th birthday. I am starting to feel old these days. My lovely wife took me away for a child free weekend while the mother in law watched the kids, so i was not expecting anything apart from a few little bits and pieces from the kids. However, i got a few nice gifts from the family. Apart from the Panini press/maker/toaster, which I love (I told you I’m getting old), I also got a few bits of of 40k.

First up i got some horsies. I have always wanted some Rough Riders, ever since they first came out many many moons ago. I will be looking at some kit bashing for these guys though, as i want to change the heads out for different heads, which heads yet I don’t know, but i suspect that they will be from Wargames Atlantic. 

Secondly i got a new floaty tank for the marines. The Repulsor Executioner will slot in to my Eagle Knights army adding some heavy anti-tank firepower. I had been flipping back and forth between the Executioner and the standard Repulsor, mostly because of the transport capacity. However with the changes to auras and attached characters, I think that the Executioner will be the better bet now. The plan will be to stick the blade guard in there with a character, possibly the Chaplin or captain, and charge it forward, I’ll just have to get some impulsors for my assault marines (unless they during out jump packs for them!!!)

Lastly i got this beauty! A big stompy boy to go with my AdMech forces. Now with the new rules I don’t know if I’ll be able to run this knight with the armigers and the AdMech forces. I really hope that I can but I suspect that I wont be able to. I plan to try and magnetise this as much as I can, so that I can build all the various versions, a friend has recently done this, so I’ll be asking them for some advise.


A couple of day after my birthday these showed up in the post. 

Limited edition stamp ingot


Games Workshop stamp collection

These were courtesy of my parents, who decided it was a nice coincidence that both Warhammer and I are celebrating the same birth year! These will be going away in the safe box upstairs for future, as you never know, they might be worth something one day.

I also decided to treat myself as well and brought myself a box of these:


These will be build as Kasrkin and the extra bodies formed in to part of a command squad. I don't really need them but I've wanted a box since they first came out and decided now was as good an excuse as any.

So not a huge haul of models and stuff but still plenty of big shiny new models to keep me going!


No comments:

Post a Comment