Friday 30 June 2023

10th edition armies

 So, I’ve had as very quick look through some of my armies, namely, all three guard armies, the Eagle Knights Marines and Deathwatch strike force armies  and the AdMech and other marine incursion armies and so far its a pretty mixed picture. Ill list some of the key points here quickly but i will be going in to detail on all the armies soon, firstly though I’m going to run through all guard data cards over the next couple of weeks. 

I’ll start with the guard and there have been a number of changes overall. The Hjaltland LI has lost it scout sentinels, as these are now needed with the Wyverns in the Hrossey MechInf, due to the synergy. Apart from that they are still pretty similar. The Hrossey has lost some units due to price increases and the addition of scout sentinels but on the whole look fairly similar. The Dagr Ormr Militarum tempestus list gave me a bit of a scare, as i have six squads of scions and was thinking i could only use 3 of them, having spent time, effort and money redoing them for the last codex. However, i seem to have missed the but about having a Militarum tempestus command squad as a warlord makes Scions battle line, and thus i can take 6 of them! There are a few changes outside that, as points have gone up and units have changed but they should still work the same way.

The Eagle Knights have not had much of a change, as the army is all primaris and they have not seen very many changes, mostly points wise but not units rules wise. 

The Deathwatch are a different matter, these have had to have some big changes. With the way points work, the 6 and 7 man units are now going to be reduced to 5 man units, with the extras being put together to form an additional unit of veterans. The Vanguard vets have also had a rejig and the addition vet has been removed and has become an additional Captain. Why Captain? Well you apparently can’t take a Lieutenant with a jump pack anymore. So my Lt with jump pack has also been promoted to Captain. So the army now has 3 Captains with only 2 units that they can join! I will have another look but I can’t see jump Lt’s, which is a real hit for them. I could run the vets and vanguard vets as 6 and 7 man units but its a lot of points for just a couple of extra bodies. Lastly, i was running two apothecaries, but now i can only run one as part of a command squad, which i, luckily, had the right members for. So I’m an apothecary down, which is annoying. Why they got rid of command squads to bring them back again is annoying!

Now we get in to the other armies, the smaller ones. I’ll start with the other marine armies, all of which stay the same, the points have changed here and there, but really haven’t changed that much. I haven’t had a full look at them as i have been dealing with my main armies. 

The AdMech, while not a main army, is one i really like, however, the army is now pretty much useless. With the changes to the codex, mostly in respect to the Skitarii units, has cause quite a few issues for me. Previously i had several MSU units, 4 ranger and 2 vangaurd units, but now that i have to field 10 man units, i can only field two ranger and 1 vanguard unit, leaving me with several models spare, mainly a special weapon and a Sgt model. I have thought about adding in more models to make a full unit but i think if i do add in models it will be a separate close combat unit. I also have issues with the knight allies. I currently have two armigers and a knight to build, however, I can’t ally them all in, as it’s an either/or situation. 


I’ll go in to each army in detail later but first up i am going to look at the various new guard data cards.  









 

No comments:

Post a Comment