Tuesday 10 January 2023

2023 resolutions



So as we move in to 2023, it is time to set some new resolutions. It's getting harder to set resolutions every year as I complete them every year. There are still a few bit and pieces that I can put on the list, a couple are new options and some are ones that have been on lists many many years ago.

So here is my list for 2023;

1) update Dagr Ormr scions.
With the new codex release, I have been forced to add some additional troops to the units to make them codex compliant. Getting these done and sorted is first on the list and is currently underway.

2) New guard models
Again with the new codex, comes some new models. I plan on getting some Field Ordinance Batteries and rough riders but not much else. If I go for Kasrkins, I'll probably get a box of troops from Wargames Atlantic.

3) Eagle Knights first born
Going back a bit in time here, but with completing all my armies, or at lead complete until any updates needed with the new codex, I have dug out my first born marine armies and I plan on finishing them off. So first up are the Eagle Knights, which are actually fairly complete. I will need to go through it and see what's what theses days as I have nicked a couple of models out for kill teams and the like but on the whole they are pretty complete with the majority of models already painted. I don't think that this will take a significant amount of time to compete.

4) Dark Guardians first born
Again, this has been pulled out of state to get painted, however, this army is very much just primer with little to no actually painted models. This is going to take a significant amount of time to paint up, although being black primed and black based, I can go straight in to details. This will be the lowest priority on the list this year, so may end up spilling over into next year as well.

5) No new models
Simple one really, I don't plan on buying any new models apart from those mention above. I have a feeling I may receive a few for my birthday this year, as it's a "big" one bit I won't buy any new models. 

6) lore update
This is one I really need to do as the lore hasn't been updated for a couple of years despite there being a few changes to models and armies. I need to sit down and bring everything back into line with each other. The trouble is this will take a bit of time to do and I rarely get time to actually sit down at the computer and write, mostly just snatching a few minutes here and there over a cuppa or at one of the kids clubs to write.

7) play some games
I have tried this in the past and failed, mostly through my own lack of effort but I will try again. I want to play at least 12 2000 point games this year and hopefully some smaller ones as well. 

So there it is, mostly it's just going back and finishing my old marine forces and updating a few bits to the new guard codex, which all sounds simple but we shall see. I hope to be able to get at least half of these completed by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment