Tuesday 11 December 2018

Hobby update.

So today is just a quick hobby update, just to show what I've been up to and to keep something on the blog!

The grey horde assembles

A closer shot of the grey horde

So, the other half was south with the kids at the in laws, having an early Christmas, as we won't be able to travel down over the actual festive period. I was unable to go due to work but it also gave me an  opportunity to get some DIY done, in the form of stripping and sorting the play room. In the evenings I took the time to relax and cracked out the air brush to get some priming and basing done. I set myself quite an optimistic aim, one which I ultimately failed to achieve. The pictures above show most of the models that were ready to prime and base, although there are about two dozen guardsmen not shown, which were also on the list.

In the end I managed to get most of them done! From memory, I airbrushed;

10 skitarii rangers
10 skitarii vanguard
25 guardsmen
8 ravenwing bikes
3 attack bikes plus crew
46 marines (including  19 deathwatch marines)
19 terminators
1 hellhound
4 rhinos
1 dreadnought
6 chaos marines
14 chaos cultists

These were done in a variety of Grey's and blacks, starting with a light grey for the  chaos forces and gradually adding more black as time went on until the deathwatch were sprayed up in all black. I did the airbrushing over 2 evenings and I'm pretty pleased with the results, especially as I haven't used my airbrush and compressor for quite a while. They worked as there supposed to, although I was suffering with clogging quite a bit, as there seems to be a few bits of dried paint in my black primer. While this was annoying, at least it wasn't the compressor or airbrush that was the problem.

While I managed to get a significant number of models primed, I did fail to get two leman Russ's and a whole bunch, about 40, scions painted. The main reason for this is that they were not being primed in grey\black. The LRBT's were being painted in green, having already been primed on a previous occasion. The scions were to receive a custom primer\base coat, using a combination of black primer and red paint. This meant that I needed to mix up the paint rather than just dump it in to the airbrush and I never quite got around to doing it. This does mean that next time I will just be able to concentrate on these models and get them sorted.

So all in all a successful period of hobby time. Now I just have to find the time to get the rest of the paint on them!



No comments:

Post a Comment