Tuesday 2 January 2018

Christmas 2017

The Christmas season is at an end again, only about 11 and a half months left until the next one or 5 and a half till birthday season. But while we wait for the long months to pass, let's have a look at what i got for Christmas. It's not a huge haul of 40k goodies this year, but it's a good haul.

First off are the open war cards, finally a set of my own and can stop borrowing other people's. I have also had a read through them for the first time and there are some interesting cards. I don't think that i will ever use some of them though, namely the sudden death cards, as i tend to play matched points and keep things level. I think that i might do a post on them in the new year, a quick run through off all the cards and my thoughts on them and the pack overall.

The second thing that i got was the Dark Imperium novel by Guy Haley. It's been a while since I've read a 40k novel, the last being the first Ragnar omnibus (i still want to read the second one). I have listened to a few audio books via YouTube while doing various bits of DIY, but this is the first book I've read in ages, 40k or otherwise to be truthful. Although i have yet to finish it, i am really enjoying it, although i don't think it's the best written book I've read, the Ragnar ones were better from what I remember. If you haven't read it then i would recommend it from what I've read so far, although i was surprised by "when" the book was set, i thought it would have been earlier. I think i need to look into what novel covers the actual awakening of the girlyman.

And we'll that's it for this year. Not a massive haul of stuff, but i will be looking at getting some other bits for myself over the next few weeks. Top of my list is some basic basing material and some Army Painter Soft Tone Quickshade, along side some matt varnish. This will enable me to finish the Hjaltland LI completely, which need a coat of Quickshade dark tone and Matt varnish before basing and also the the Eagle Knights, which will be soft toned, Matt varnished  and based. This will completely finish these two armies. So watch this space!

In other news, i have decided to do the Inquisitional force next, to add to the narrative side of things before moving on the the Dagr Ormr and Hildasey pdf, I'll cover all this in my new year's resolutions post, which will be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment