Friday 14 October 2016

Northern Invasion - the advance!

This will be a short post as I'm in the final stages of planning and preparation. My armies are packed and sorted, along with codex and various other bits and bobs. The ferry is booked and in less than 6 hours we will be heading south.

My army of choice, dice and templates, rules and codex are all packed nice and neatly in to my new second hand old style citadel case. Bit of a mouth full I know! Cost a tenner without foam, but that's not a problem, as there are plenty of places to get foam. I wouldn't have bothered but I though it was a good idea with this trip to have a case that was a little more substantial than the card kr cases, even though theyhave served me very well over the last few years and will continue to do so for many years to come.

The case, a little battered but still going strong. That includes the clips as well!

Standard KR foam for the most part. This will eventually be superseded by the correct size foam, but for the moment it works just fine.

This case is packed full of goodies, ready to wage war! I've managed to fit in my Hjaltland 1500pts army, a Eagle Knights 1500pts army and a Dagr Ormr and a Deathwatch 200pts kill team, just in case there's some free time in the evening. Unfortunately I didn't get everything painted up, the valkyrie still needs some work as just the wings are primed! Oh well, close enough!

Wish me luck, I'm going to go for that trophy! (I would like to add that I am under no illusions that I have little chance of winning as I'm running a fluff list more than a tournament list, but I'm gonna give it a good go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment