Tuesday 26 January 2021

Christmas haul

 So Christmas has been and gone for another year and its been a slow start to the new year for me. I've a few posts in the pipe line but with the new lockdown here and three kids to keep  entertained while the wife works from home, time to blog is at a minimum. This is mostly because the oldest keeps nicking of with the phone to listen audio books and the youngest wants to watch YouTube eveytime I get the phone out my pocket.  Anyeay, While I may not have received much in the way of 40k goodies this year for christmas, I did receive what I wanted.


This year, I plan on clearing the backlog of unpainted models, so I didn't want a ton of new models to add to the pile. So the wish list was short, just one of the new starter sets, which my son would be getting the other one and we would split the models, him the Necrons and me the Marines. The only other item is the last of the POP minitures, the Ultramarines one. That completes the quartet of models. 

With the addition of these models to Dark Imperium and Shadowspear, I now have pretty much all the models I need to build the five 500 point armies. There are a few models that I would like to add to a couple of armies and I may add them later, specifically to the imperial fists force but I will have to look at that later and see if I want to. 

Anyway the Christmas haul;






I've done some mild kit bashing, changing around arms and and weapons, just to change the poses. The two picture above are the same model just with a change of arms, which gives them a very different look. Also they are all currently headless, well more or less. This is mainly as I plan of using non-primaris heads on a lot of these guys, mostly they will be first born heads, as for lore wise these will be upgraded first born marines or new in chapter created primaries and not Crawls versions. More will follow later but first I've a different project I'm working on!


No comments:

Post a Comment