Friday 5 February 2016

2016; The plan

Well, I did a review of 2015 a few weeks ago and my resolutions for this year, so I thought I should do a plan for 2016. It wont take long to go through the plan, as I am keeping things as simple as possible as I'm keeping my aspirations low and hopefully I will succeed, as was shown in my resolutions, which for reference were;

1) Try and model up all the missing models from the various army lists

2) Sell models I don't need! I really need to do this!

3) Try and base coat some of the models, so at least I can place them on the table together with out getting confused with what model belongs to what army.

4) Play some games!

So the plan! First up is completing a few of the lists, namely finishing building the Hjaltland LI list by completing my Valkyrie that's been sitting on my shelf since LAST Christmas, competing the Hrossey Yeomanry by building a Primaris Psyker and purchase a Chimera, and also finish the Dagr Ormr strike force by completing the supporting troops, namely the OotF and Standard from the command squad and 2 Sgts and a heavy flamer from the vets. In addition, Anvil Industries just released this!! So that's now on my wish list for my MT's as Taurox alternatives.

As for my marines, with the purchase of Betrayal of Calth, the Dark Guardians are now back in limbo, but they will be my main focus for the marines this year and the Emperors Disciples will be bringing up the rear when the Guardians are finished/stalled.

In addition, I am planning on putting together a Assassins Cadre with all 4 assassins. I have bits for the Vindicare and Eversor assassins, but the other two, the Callidus and Culexus are a little more difficult to kit bash.

Finally, my last aim for 2016 is to get some paint on all the models, just the undercoat/basecoat, so that when the models are no the table I can use different chapters or regiments without getting confused as to who's who, and also making things look a little nicer on the table. This means, getting some green on the last of the Guard, apart from the Dagr Ormr support units, which will be painted the same colours are the stormtroopers, for force coherency. for the marines, the Knights will be orange and the Disciples will be dark blue, the Guardians are a little up in the air right now, but will probably be grey/silver.

As for new models, well apart from the transport for the MT's and Betrayal of Calth, there are no models on the horizon, I really want to get the models that I have painted and finished to a table top standard, something that's a long way off at the moment. Also there are no models that I want from GW, at least nothing that I know of yet.

One bonus that I would like to try but I think will be completely impossible is to bash up some terrain, just simple and basic stuff. The old food containers on card type, or maybe some card building types, like you use to get in the old White Dwarfs. It would be good to get some, as the club here is lacking in bits, but I doubt I'll get the time to do this.

2 comments:

  1. If you're looking at terrain - try 40kaddict.blogspot.com, he's got some templates that are easy to use on foamboard and cereal box card that look pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've seen his stuff in the past and will have to have a serious rake through it all at some point.

      Delete