Tuesday 8 September 2015

Zero self-discipline

Yep, the title says it all, I officially have zero self-discipline. After having received my last reinforcements in the form of the Panzerjagers and Command Squad, I have just purchased another squad of Panzerjagers from eBay. I have also ordered some green stuff and some Mould making stuff, you know the silicone type stuff, sometimes referred to as Blue Stuff.

I don't really need these supplies but I would like them to fill out my MT forces to pretty much max, 2 command squads, 3 squads of 10 and 3 squads of 9. almost a full CAD for the MT FOC and two full platoons for the IG/AM elite choices. This is what I would like and I don't plan on getting any more. I could have got the standard Eisenkern squad and saved myself a few quid (7 to be precise), but I like the female models, as they add a bit of variety to the all male norm.

The green stuff and blue stuff is to try and mould some extra magazines, as I don't have enough to complete the unit, another reason I probably should have got the standard Eisenkerns box as the box would have had enough to complete all the models. Also I am going to try and mould some extra bodies for the extra legs. I'm not sure how this will go, badly probably, but I'm going to try. Hopefully, I'll be able to model 4 extra bodies and backpacks, as one piece. This is so that I don't have to add extra Cadian bodies to the girls legs, which don't really fit right. This is entering in to uncharted territories, but I've watched the videos and understand the theory, but as everybody know, theory and reality don't always go hand in hand.

So, I'm probably going to come in for some flak from the other half, I say probably when I really mean definitely, and I still have no time to actually do any modelling, the last lot of MT's have sat for the last few weeks, half complete. But, and its a big but, the eldest bairn has started nursery, so I get a few hours of freedom every afternoon, now if I can only get the little one to sleep, I may make some progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment