Tuesday 27 August 2024

Warhammer Imperium Magazine

 So, I'm on a bit of a downwards spiral with new models. The aim this year was , as it was last year, to work on reducing the pile of shame, however, I have recently brought a number of models, with the reinforcements to the DKoK and the models for my allied knights and now, I've picked up some Imperium Magazines cheap! 

The local club had a second hand sale on the other week and while we didn't manage to get down until quite late in the day, when all the best bargains had gone, we did manage to pick up a few bits, namely some Imperium mags and a couple of random models for the wee one. 

Initially I wasn't going to bother but decided to grab the sisters edition before being persuaded to grab the inquisitor one as well.


The sisters mag, no.46, comes with three bolter armed sisters a Repentia, an Arco-flagellant and two Zephyrim. The three sisters will be useful for filling out my existing sister's squad, as hey were built for kill team and need some extra bolters to make a legal 40k squad, which given the new Agents codex is needed. Speaking of agents, the Repentia sister will be useful as a Henchman, enabling me to field at least one full squad henchmen alongside the Repentia sister kitbash I already own.  The Arco-flagellant was going to be useful as a Daemon host, but as they have been removed I'm less sure of it's role now. The two Zephyrim have both been converted in to Canoness' with jump packs, even though they have none to join. To do this I did a bit of kit bashing with the spare parts I had left from building my original sister's squad and while maybe not being exactly right, I think they look cool. 



Not much to say here, mag came with Draxus, I built Draxus. Just need to paint her, probably gold. I wasn't going to bother with this but for the price I couldn't really resist. I'm not a massive fan of named characters and it generally restricts what you can do with them in terms of personal lore and paint job.


In addition to my purchases, my son also picked up some magazines, namely two of the above to give him some cheap space marines to play with. He has wanted some that he could build and paint to test colours and generally play around with and at the price of these I could hardly object.


Overall, despite being late, we managed to actually pick up some decent and useful bargains. My wee one was happy as well as he got a couple of models and gets to keep the magazines once we've built the models. 

No comments:

Post a Comment