Friday 23 August 2024

Imperial Knight Household Forces

 So, a couple of post ago I showed off the new models I purchased from Station Forge and I hinted at some of my plans for my Household guard for my Imperial Knights. The main idea here is to add some points to my list but also form a more cohesive allied force for my AdMech army. The big knight will be going to form a main part of my AdMech army, loaded with all the guns usually. Therefore I decided that I needed some unit to act as a buffer or blocking units to stop any enemy units from getting too close. There are various ways I could have done this but I decided to go with the Adeptus Arbites Subductor Squad with their shields and Mauls for a 4+ invulnerable save and combat punch. The additional shot pistols are also useful but not the main reason for fielding them.

I plan on backing up the two Subductor squads with two Inquisitors. This will give them a bit of support, it’s just a shame that they cannot join the squads directly as they can only join imperial battle line infantry or inquisitorial henchmen. 

The lore behind the force is going to be quite simple, there will be two squads, painted up slightly differently to represent two separate minor households, each oath-sworn to the lord within the knight and so a small number of arms men follow the knight around and will willingly give their lives to protect the lord and the knight. The Inquisitors will be representing more senior member of the household, maybe a minor noble or senior servant, such as a marshal or constable, I haven’t really decided just yet. 

One of the squads will probably be mainly blue and the other will be red but both will have their household banner held up high, with their own iconography. 

The game plan for most of the game that I play these in will be very simple, the knight will move around to get shots and the two squads and inquisitors will just move around keeping the big knight as safe as they can. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment