Tuesday 18 September 2018

Ogryns

As its been a while since I've posted up a WiP post, I though I had better share some picture of one of my current projects. These ogryns were part of my birthday haul and from the beginning they were earmarked for bodyguard duties. As such they have all received individual builds to cover many of the options. There are a few common elements, namely the bullgryns plate, for the 4+ base save.

The three amigos

The Shooty one

The first one up is the shooty one, armed with ripper gun and slab shield. This one is designed to sit back and shoot anything that comes close, while tanking as much as possible on the shield and also trying to block LoS to the character behind, should it be needed.

The hitty one

Next up we have the combat version, who works in a very similar manor, just hitting stuff rather than shooting it. This one will sit back and wait for stuff to get close before charging forward and smacking stuff with his maul. Again, he is designed to tank stuff with his shield. I have gone for slab shields rather than brute shields for the basic reason that a lot of attacks are low ap with only a few being high ap. This means that most of the time the 4++ will not be as good as the 2+.

The stabby one, aka da wanna be

Lastly we have the wanna be, aka Nork Deddog. Now, 5his isn't the proper Nork model but a combination of elements from the box to make a model that looks like and has the same options as Nork but has a very different aesthetic. I will generally run this as a generic bogyguard model but I will have the option if I wish to run Nork. This model will be paired with one of the other models on most occasions, either to add some combat punch to the shooty one or some ranged attacks to the hitty one but will be able to back them up in the other department as well.

The downside at the moment is that they can't be used in kill team and so they have sort of found themselves on the back burner as all things kill team has sort of taken over. Hopefully I'll get some time to finished them in the not to distant future, as I've been looking forward to getting these models for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment