Friday 25 May 2018

The cult of the enlightened - a Necromunda gang

I know that were getting in to june these days but iiwanted to go back a bit and cover somethingsthat was released in the March 2018 White Dwarf. Within that months magazine we saw the release of a Necromunda supplement for Chaos Gangs in the underhive. Now I've always said that my gang of choice is Van Saar and that's still true (even more so with the latest release) but I have a bunch of chaos cultists sitting doing nothing in the spares box, so i thought that this is the perfect excuse to get them out. I'm also waiting for the new Kill Team game to see if I can double them up.

So, what is the plan? Right now I'm not sure as I don't have any games or campaigns planned, however I know at least 2 people who have Necromunda and are looking for a game at some point. I also know that I have a very basic idea of how to run the gang. 

There are not many options for the cult, in terms or weapons, which is probably due to the fact that they either come from the Chaos Cultist Assault set or the little pack of 5 cultists you can buy. Alternatively if you had the Dark , set, you'd have some from there. I have the DV set, well, two actually, as I brought one box for 6th and one for 7th. I have turned a few in to priests and psykers, but I still have a lot left. I have two leaders, both armed with shotguns and swords, 2 flamers and 2 stunners, 14 with autoguns and 9 with auto pistols and a variety of combat weapons, meaning I have 29 cultists to form my gang from. This is more than enough to form a basic gang, two even. I still don't know what models will make the final cut but intent to paint them all up, even if they don't all get used.

On thing I do know about the gang is the fluff, which is not really surprising as I do seem to spend a lot of time thinking about the fluff of my armies. In this case, the gang are going to be based around a slaanesh and the cult of greed and hedonism. The gang are small but very fanatical in there devotion, seeking only the best and most luxurious of items and slaves. It is for this reason that the gang have a particular liking\interest in the Escher and Van Saar houses. The latter for their technology and the former for the female house members.

The Van Saar house are reluctant to trade with members of the gang, although if the gang is willing to pay, they will trade. It is not advanced weaponry or body armour that top the list of items that the gang trade for though, as they are more interested in luxury domestic items or items of high technology.

The Escher house on the other hand do not tolerate any gang member at all and will very quickly kill any member they see, with extreme prejudice and the upmost brutality. The reason for this is simple, the cult see women as nothing more than servants and slaves, to be used and abused for the pleasure of the cult members. The cult also have an obsession with the Escher house, as they see the women of the house as the very pinical of the female form and have one more than one occasion kidnapped member of the house. The has lead to the Escher house calling for the complete destruction of the cult and all its members. This situation was not improved when the last cult leader captured a young Escher jive and held her captive for several weeks until a momentary lapse in concentration allowed the jive to kill the cult leader and escape, killing or injuring several more cult members on her escape. Upon her return to the house of Escher launched a brutal retaliation destroying the cults home and scattering those cult members who escaped the retribution.

While the cult is still dealing from this assault, there are several members who are trying to establish themselves as the new cult leader and are attempting to gather as many of the old cult to there faction as possible, while also recruiting new members where possible. Of these wannabe leaders, the Chosen, formally an Orlocks Jive known as Sil Ore, is currently showing himself to be one of the strongest leaders of the fractured cult. Armed with his trusty shotgun and blade, both of which he has carried since his days as an Orlocks Jive, he is as ruthless as he is cunning, happy to sacrifice anything and anyone in order to extend his influence and reputation.

The rest of the gang is currently unnamed and unknown, at some point I will put a full roster together and hopefully some of them will earn themselves a reputation and name, but for now only the leader has been singled out for naming. I hope to get some sort of game at some point, even just to test the rules but it could be quite a while, as I don't have the rules and the one other person who I could sort a game out quickly with only has gang wars 2 and an Orlocks gang, although with all his genecult models he should be able to put a gang together quite easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment