Friday 30 March 2018

Catching up on the news!


Well, it seems like it's a good week for news or at least news that interests me, posted here on the community site (HERE). Following on from last weeks news that there will be a new Kill Team game and the preview of the Van Saar's Necromunda gang, we have been shown some more teasers in the form of a new heavier knight and sisters of battle! Yes it has finally happened!




We'll start this post with the new knight, as i want to save the best bit (aka sisters) until last. So the new knight? Well so far we have only seen one picture of it or rather video, the one released on the community page but I suspect that this will be only one of several builds, 3 I recon. This is the super heavy of the super heavy knights, a proper mini titan by the looks of it. I think that this will be quite a shooty knight, with only limited options for combat weapons, only the chainsaw, as they all have one of them. I don't think we'll see the fist option on this one. I do think that we will see new weapons, as one of the weapons in the picture looks like a plasma weapon to me. The main builds will be one with chainsaw plus other weapon. One with two long range weapons and one with 2 short range weapons, that's my thoughts anyway. With the release of Forgebane, and the Knight Armiger's, we now have a full set of knights. Small fast attack ones, middle general ones and heavy supporting ones.

Related image


I plan on getting a Forgebane box at some point, probably for my birthday or at least with my birthday money. This will start my Knightly house, which I only have a rough outline for, as I started thinking about it when the Renegade box was released. This will give me two Knight Armigers and some Skitarii and i will get some more swapping my Nercons for the Skitarii from a mates boxset. What I need to do is think about what knight I want to lead my force. The new knights look really nice, both of them are really well modelled, although the new big knight does look like its a bit Orky, with all the guns stuck all over it. I don't think that I will be looking to get one any time soon, as I think that standard knight would be a better fit for my House at the moment. I think that if you own a couple of knights, then the new one will be a good fit as a centre piece in the army.



There was also some other news in the form of Combat Roster, a new list building program that will appear on the Community site, next to the Age of Sigmar Warscroll builder. While this is a great idea, I'm not going to use it as it is only for Power Points and not for matched play points. There is supposed to be a proper app coming out in the near future but I will have to see about this, as I don't know if they will charge for it or not. If they do, I will have to see how much it is, if its cheap then I'll get it, if not then I won't bother and stick with battle scribe. The one good thing about this though, is that they designer is someone who has already designed a program to do the same thing and GW have looked at it and gone, this is good, lets get the guy on board and make it better, rather then doing what they use to do and try to sue the guy. This is another example of the new GW and again its another good move.



The next thing that I though that I would touch on the codex release schedule. We know that the Knights were going to get one, as they had the preview of the new big knight, but there interesting one is the Deathwatch Codex. This is interesting as there is the hint of being able to take Primaris Marines in mixed squads. The issue is whether you will be able to take mixed squads of old marines and new marines. This is about the only way that i would look at running Primaris marines these days, as it means that I wouldn't need many, just a couple of them and maybe only one or two of each.

The last thing to note before we get on to the big one, is that there was just a picture from an up coming White Dwarf, showing a battle between Orks and Guard. The thing that seems to have gotten people interested is that in the back of the picture is a big walker thing. There seems to be lots of views, from a new mega-dread ork walker to the fact that its just a looted Dreadknight. I'm leaning more towards it being a looted vehicle rather than a new model but time will tell.

Image result for adepta sororitas


So, here it is, the biggest news of all. Sisters of Battle are finally getting a plastic kit or many!. Yes, it has happened and its no longer myth or legend. There have been many rumours over the time, many even said that Sisters were ready to go, just sitting in a warehouse waiting, which is obviously nonsense. Unfortunately its going to be a while until we actually get the sisters, as they are, by the sound of it, still on the drawing board. It appears that GW haven't been working on Sisters in secret at all, I'm not even sure they have been listening to the community on this for a long time either. I feel that this has come around solely due to the survey that occurred a while back. All I want to know is why it took them so long? There have been lots of people going on about plastic Sisters for years and every time there is a rumour about plastic Sisters the internet goes mental. They should have been on this years ago really but I'm not going to complain to much, instead I'm going to start saving my money. I don't plan on getting a full army of Sisters, but I will get a couple of boxes, even if to just boost the sales figures a bit and show that Sisters was worth it. The plan would be to get a small force to use in games like Kill Team and as a Patrol detachment in games. I like Sisters a lot. I just hope that they do justice to the aesthetics of the Sisters, I would hate for them to go too much one way or the other, however, with things like the Daughters of Khaine, GW really seem to have got to grips with modelling females.

Its going to be a long road until we get Sisters in hand, but i am really excited by this, especially as they say they will keep us up to date with where they are in the process and potentially give us input in to the actual models. This is a great step for GW, even if it is a bit late!

No comments:

Post a Comment