Tuesday 13 February 2024

Tyrannic War vets

 These are some old metal models that were part of the haul I brought last year. I do love the old metal models, as I still think that they are characterful and detailed, maybe not as crisply as modern plastic models but more so that the equivalent aged plastic models. 


I believe that these are old metal ultramarine stern guard models, I had thought initially that they were the Tyrannic War vets but they don't have the same chest designs. 


I did think about painting them up as a different chapter but decided not to and try and make them resplendent in blue, although if I want that to be proper ultramarine stern guard I should have painted the helmets white as well. I have thought about going back and doing this but decided that I would just leave them as they are now I've finished. 


I really like how detailed the models are, such as the various purity seals and leg details.


There are a couple of more modern power packs, as they were lacking the originals and if I was going to replace them, I wanted something a little more fancy, hence the blood angels pack with scroll work.


I'm still not sure which of these two models is my favourite but I do like the power fist equipped model and all the details on the fist and body but I think the pose is better on the pointing model, a little less flat and more dynamic.



Also, I love the bright red eyes in the lights of the camera, they look quite menacing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment