Tuesday 6 February 2024

Statue and Assassins

 So, I have quite the back log of posts to get through. As I mentioned previously, while I haven't been posting very much recently, and I certainly haven't hit my self imposed once a week target, I have been busy painting and modelling away in the background.  First up are.my assassin models and the sisters statue, which I think we're first featured back in August 2023! That's 6 months ago! They have been painted up for a while, especially the statue, but just not posted up here. 

First up however, is the Vindicare. This has always been one of my favourite assassin's, and even when separated from the rest of the diorama he still looks good. The fact that his gun is pointing downwards is irrelevant as he will always be posted to a vantage point somewhere.


His colours have been kept very muted and dull, to fit with the stealth vibe, that's everything but the tassel on the knife. I reasoned that this would be so that he could place this tassel somewhere out in front of him to act as a wind vane when necessary and so it needed to be a brighter colour but not too bright, hence the blue.


Next up is the Eversor assassin and while black is still the main colour, there is a lot more colour and shiny bits. 


While still not overly bright, the metallics as brighter and shinier, plus the various viles of venoms and a such show clearly on the model.


I do love the pose of this model, mid jump, surprising the enemy seconds before it's death, or not as is usually the case in game. 


The two assassins side by side, I hope to get all 4 some day but I'm not is a hurry.

Next up is the Sisters statue, that originally came as part of the Warhammer+ diorama. The repair job I did when I removed the assassin is barely noticeable now it's all painted up. 


In addition, you can see on the ground where the basing material has shrunk and cracked, which I really like, it add to the little diorama, showing that the statue has shifted on its foundations while it sustained damage.


This is painted up the same as my Sister's of Battle, not that you can tell, as there ended up being no purple on the statue. None of the areas on the statue should have been purple, as it's mostly just the cloth of the sisters that is purple and I didn't want to just randomly add purple, however I still really like the finished results.


As for the Vindicare, yes, he can reclaim his perch, just.



He's a little back heavy but thanks to the gun he just about balances happily up there. I doubt he every will actually use the position in a game but it's nice he still can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment