Friday 10 February 2023

Techpriest and servitors

 Following on from the AdMech post last time, I thought I would.post about my new Techpriests and attendant servitors. 


I have always wanted a techpriest to go with my Mechanised forces, namely the Hrossey Mechanised Yeomanry but I've had to wait a while to get some and so now I have two! I have gained one of these through the start collecting box, mentioned in the last post and I also gained a metal one in amongst the models donated to the wee one. 


Alongside the wish to have a techpriest, I have always wanted to have some servitors, as I always imagine them.like little worker bees following along at the heels of their master. However, with the cost of proper servitors, I have never felt that I could justify buying them and I didn't have any ideas about how to build them. With the start collecting box and coming across some Valkyrie door gunner bodies I had a bit of a brain wave. One of the things that I do not like about the proper models is the robotic arms, which always seemed far to big and chunky to be of any actual use when fixing engines or equipment. So with this in mind, I went down a different route and dug through my AdMech bits box and found some suitable arms, mostly half mechanical ones, but at least 1 full mechanical. 


I also decided to add some firepower to the unit, just for the fun of it, so I also dug out a plasma gun, to act as a plasma cannon and the melta gun from some vehicle and placed it as a multimelta. Granted they don't look the same, but they are obvious enough that people won't get confused.

So there we go, a couple of techpriests and some servitors for the collection, just in time for servitors to be completely useless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment