Friday 1 February 2019

2019 resolutions

As always, at the beginning of the year, I set myself some hobby resolutions to go alone side my new year's resolutions. I say along side but I don't actually think I've set myself any new years resolutions for several years, just hobby ones! This year is going to see quite a few changes to life, with the arrival shortly of child no.3 and my wife being on maternity leave. Whether this translates into more hobby time or less is unknown, although with all the house renovations that need doing, I suspect less hobby time will be the result. As such, this year's resolutions will be very brief!

So what are they going to be?

1) complete my deathwatch kill team. I've started this (WIP shots to follow soon) but have a long way to go. I will be spending a fair bit of time on each model, more than I have on any previous marine model I've painted, so it might take some time to finish all 20 models.

2) complete my inquisitorial\scions kill team. These have been named "the black widows" by my son and shall be forevermore. These will be getting similar treatment to the deathwatch and will be receiving extra attention. They have been started and there are a few models that are almost complete and all the others have there black base coat done and fleshy parts started. These will form one of my main kill teams along side the guard and deathwatch.

3) complete AdMech kill team. These have been primed ready but will probably not get the same level of detail as the deathwatch or Scions.

4) paint and base terrain. For this I want to properly base my MDF building on to some MDF board and paint them, just quick and dirty spray can jobs. I also want to finish my jungle terrain, as I have the bits for it, I just have to actually do it.

5) finish building my custom storage trays. Again, I've started this and have all the plans sorted, I just need to cut and glue the together.

6) complete chaos kill team. This is not a priority and is more just because I have a roster sorted for some of the chaos models I have lying around. If it gets done it will be a quick paint job, just to get colour on to them.

7) complete marine kill team. Again, this is not a priority and I don't even have all the models sorted. This is more in here as I have plans for a team and I have actually purchased some of the extra models I needed, namely a bunch of scouts but in reality, this is not something I'm bothered about getting on the table top any time soon.

8) Marneus Calgar. I was brought the new model for Christmas and while I don't collect ultrasmurfs at all, I would like to paint this guy up in all his glory. I'll paint up a few other models as ultrasmurfs as well, enough to form a supreme command detachment but that's it. When I do get around to painting Calgar up, I will spend quite a bit of time on him, as if your going to paint up someone as important as as the Ultrasmurfs chapter master, you might as well do it properly.

While there are quite a few items on the list, quite a few of them are fairly small. The Kill teams are only 20 models each, meaning that i'm looking at painting up a minimum of 60 models this year, maybe up to 110, so I think its achievable. 60 models is less than I have tried in previous years. We'll see how I go but a lot will depend upon the new arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment