Friday 17 June 2016

Rebasing some models

I thought that I would have a little break from the Disciples, after all I'm sure you don't want to see endless posts of near repetitive shots of grey plastic minis! So, when I was looking through my bits box the other day and came across some spare bits that I thought might make some good scenic bases and add a little something to a few of the characters, make them stand out a little for the masses. 

I pulled out my characters from the Hjaltland LI, namely (from left to right) medic, Master of Ordinance, Officer of the Fleet and the main man, Commander Ollaw Jhonisoun. At present, they are just on their standard bases and look a little bland. As special characters I thought that they should have something extra.  


And this was the result. You'll notice an extra character has snuck in, that the Master of Ordinance from the Hrossey Yeomanry. I redid his base as I had a few extra bits, so I thought I would do both of the Officer of the Fleets the same, as to keep some consistency across the forces, especially as they are supposed to be attachments from the Navy.


Here are a few shots of the individual models. Some of the details are hard to see, mostly because I don't have a light box or anything and my set-up for photos generally consists of finding a space on a shelf or window sill and taking a picture.

Medic, prepping himself behind some sand bags, ready to dash out to attend those in need.

The Commander, cape flowing in the wind. Behind him is some kit and rifle, either his or some that has been left behind by some forgetful Guardsman and to his side, just visible on the right picture, his sword.

Officer of the Fleet, with communication relay and data slate, keeping an eye on the movement of any aircraft that maybe in the area.

Master of Ordinance, with range finder and targeter and a set of good old fashioned bino's, ready to relay co-ordinates to the waiting artillery units.

The Hrossey Officer of the Fleet, again with communication relay and a field computer.

With most of the Hjaltland command squad rebased and I have been wondering about rebasing the other members, namely the HWT and the Standard. The Heavy Weapons Team will be easy as its just a case of sticking them on to the proper 60mm base, which only leaves the standard. However, this will be tricky as I want the standard to be the focus, not the base, so I may just leave him be.


No comments:

Post a Comment