Tuesday 22 October 2024

Reinforcements ready!

While there has been a bit of a slow period on the blog, the painting has been trundling along nicely. Over the majority of the year, I have been playing catch-up with my pile of opportunity (aka pile of shame) but recently I have been painting up some new models, to fill out collections and bring other squads to legal standards. 

Firstly there are the two last Dark Guardians terminators and the Chaplain. The two terminators are a partly new, as I had both sets of legs but no torsos to add to them! 

Champion and librarian 

These are the last two terminators to add to my Dark Guardians force, completing the deathwing command squad and characters.


The last Dark Guardians non bike unit is the Chaplain. This was originally a metal chaos lord model but had been repurposed as a chaplain, which he does quite well with all the skull and big mace. 



So now that these models as the bikes are all completed, that is the entire first born Dark Guardians force completed, ready for boxing up and putting on to storage!
Next up we're some Adeptus Sororitas model. These are the three Imperium Magazine models, that while not 100 percent complete, they are missing transfers, complete the squad of sisters to a fully legal squad. I will have to look at getting these finished completely and quick shaded as I intend to take these to the Orkney tournament with me.



In addition to the sisters of battle models, I also painted up the Repentia and Arco-flagellant. The Repentia will go in to my Inquisitorial henchmen unit, which will also be going to Orkney with me.



Lastly we have Inquisitor Draxus, the only actual named inquisitor I own and will be likely to own, mostly due to weapon and mini dragon options being quite hard to kit bashing from stuff I have available. 


This model was painted using a mix of contrast and normal citadel paints and I think the mini dragon and shoulder skull have both come out very nicely with the contrast paints. The shoulder skull is actually a lot clearer in real life and does not blend in quite so much as it does in the pictures.


The last bit of contrast was the cloak. The contrast gives it a nice leather look which would have taken a lot more work just using the classic paints. 


I'm currently painting up some reinforcements for the DKoK, so I'll get them up here as soon as I can but hopefully next up will be the Dark Guardian bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment