Tuesday 10 September 2024

Codex: Blood Angels

So another codex that I want is on the horizon, this time it's one of the original Angels of Death, the Blood Angels. 


This is a codex that I want as well, although I will probably only buy the codex rather than all the cards as well. The main reason for this is that I run a successor chapter and not the founding chapter, and so I don't have any of the characters or special units, although that may well change with plans to build some Sanguinary Guard.


The new release box is an amazing set, with the new characters, dread and a whole host of assault marines. My only gripe is that I wish they had all be jump assault marines and not split between the two. 


The new Sanguinary Guard models are also very nice, apart from the missing wings. I have plans to convert up some AoS models for a squad, the same way I have converted up a lot of my other squads. The new Stormcast Prosecutors look very nice, have spears and wings, they just need a proper power pack.


The new Lemartes modes is also very nice and the fact that we get jump chaplain's is great, more jump options the better! I don't know if I will get this model or not yet, I may well end up.converting up some AoS models again, just to keep the same theme going within the army.


Astorath the Grim however is the only model that isn't on my list. I have never really liked this model, it is a stunning model but I just don't like it. That applies to the old model as well. In addition, this isn't a unit I have ever felt like putting in the army, I haven't seen the rules for him properly yet but they would have to be very good for me to think about including him.


The brutalis dread in all its glory. I love this model and plan on getting at least 2 for my BA army. I will have to see what the difference is between the Death Company dread and the normal one, but I suspect that I will run them as the standard one most of the time. 


 Lastly we have the new combat patrol box, which is a really nice box. Several people (aka YouTubers) have said that two or even three of these boxes would form a solid core to a.BA force and I have to agree. If I wasn't going the route of converting up AoS models for a.lot of my force I would definitely grab a box of these. 

I am really excited for the new codex, even though I don't play with the blood angels much I will be grabbing the new codex when it comes out. I will also have to look at getting the space marines codex, or the data cards at least, so I can play the army properly. I will only ever play one of the three detachments in this book, so the full.SM codex is not required but if I can find a cheap one somewhere I'll grab it.

No comments:

Post a Comment