Friday 3 November 2023

Tournament 2023

 So after a long break, in heading back to the Northern Invasion tournament for its 2023 running (I will not be looking to emulate my 2016 effort!) This year will be special in a different way, as I'm being joined by my eldest boy and his Tau army. Neither of us are expecting big results in the tournament. My main aim is not to loose every match or come last and my son's is to just experience his first tournament. 

After several warm up games, to get use to the rules for 10th and try some of the new rules for the guard, I have decided to go back to basics and go for an all infantry list. 

The force (almost!)

I put in the list the other day, after laying out all the units to make sure I had all the models I needed. However, I made a small mistake that I didn't notice until I was writing a post here. I have been using the new Warhammer Battle Forge list builder (which was actually very good until they put it behind the pay wall) but I've had to revert to Battlescribe, which is throwing up some errors at the moment, mainly with characters. So when I was adjusting my list I added two special weapons and a vox-caster to a squad but forgot to take away 3 guardsmen!


This meant that I had a 13 man squad, which you can't have and what's more it had charged me points off a full 20 man squad. So a quick email to the tournament organiser to ask if I could adjust my list, which thankfully he said I could. This resulted in an additional 7 guardsmen (including 2 special weapons and a Sgt), taking the squad to the max 20 man with 4 special weapons. 


Now, this isn't what I would have preferred, as it now means I have a 20 man squad of cadians, which I would have preferred two separate 10 man squads, one of which would have had to have been a Cadian squad and one most likely a standard infantry squad with heavy weapon but I'll get more in to that in the next post when I talk through my list in more detail.

My boy is taking his Tau down with him, as in all his Tau plus a couple of borrowed models, mostly down to the recent balance update dropping his list from around 2100 to just over 1800!


The two models are in the back right and are from a defunct gaming system (of French origin I believe) but will work well as a pair of broadsides. 


Oh, and don't worry about the grey models, they will be painted up by the time we go down, they have already been primed blue (thanks to Color Forge Tempest Blue). He would have liked to have taken more battle suits and less troops, maybe if we go next year he'll be able too!


No comments:

Post a Comment